Sunday, April 1, 2007

One More Today

Now I try not to force my views or bore people with my views on politics or my logic but when I saw this today I had to say something.


There are a group of movies by horror indie filmmakers call "Film's To Die For" and some of them look pretty cool.



Now I love horror movies alot and like my friend Contagion even the cheesy Zombie ones. I thought the Devils Rejects was an awesome film and Last House On the Left is a classic. And the Die For films looked kinda cool and a good way for a first time filmmaker to get their work out to a mass audience.


But I also have a 10 year going on 20 year old daughter that most of these movies are off limits for. She, like me at her age, can sneak them or watch them on late night tv. I wont be having a movie night with these for the 2 of us.


Now for one of the films they had a billboard on a busy freeway for everyone to see in 2 major cities that I know of.


Now like I said I like these kind of movies........

But I dont want my 10 year old or anyone else who has younger children to have to explain what is happening in the picture above. These are images I will try to keep form my little one as long as possible.

Do they have a right to put these out? YES! And I will prolly see a few of these but keep this away from our children.

There is a blog that has more info on a movement to keep this kind of thing in check. Check it out if you want and definitely feel free to link away.

http://removetherating.blogspot.com/

I am not for censorship but there is a line that cannot be crossed when it come to my child.

2 comments:

Contagion said...

These movies do look good, unfortunately it will be a long time before I can see them, Clone just isn't old enough yet, maybe when he hits 6.

I will agree with you on the billboard. It's the same thing I have against the anti-abortion protesters that have signs with pictures of aborted fetuses. They have a right to protest, but I don't want my kids seeing that.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family - fellow Steeler fan!

I live in the 'burgh, I work for da Rooneys and I love me some Stillers!