Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Love New Toys

A week or so ago I chucked caution to the wind and rather than get transportation that would have made ALL the people around me very happy, I bought a new toy.


Now as you get older the toys you desire get more expensive more elaborate. Some men can be happy with sticks and rocks but not this man.


Now I love music. I cannot have a quiet moment. I have it on when I go to sleep, in the shower, before I go to work, on my way to work, at work, on my way home from work, while cooking, while eating, while taking constitutionals, and back to before I go to sleep.


I like all kinds of music and love finding bands before they hit it big. My past accomplishments have been Alice In Chains, Nirvana (Bleach is still their best), The Killers, Thunder (happened at the beginning of the 90's...good bar band) and so on.


So i have a TON of CD's mainly music downloaded and put on mix cds.


The shared Bat Computer is pooping out more MP3's then Napster ever thought.


SO I have been looking a little at MP3 players. Now past ones have been full of suck so I never put much thought into is. Just shuffled CD's from point A to B.


The 2 I have been looking at were the Zune by Microsoft (shout out to Big Bill) and of course the IPod. Now I traditionally dont like Apple stuff but started out my lacking computer skills on an Apple 2GS. The Zune just didnt have alot of the features or support. SO I went to the crossroads and made a deal with the devil.

I bought an IPod.

AND I FRACKING LOVE IT!!!!


I dont know how I lived this long without it. I have ALL my music in one place and no more lugging CD's everywhere.
I make my own playlists based on my mood.
In the mood for Evil, heavy rock? No prob. Kinda in a mello mood? No prob. Oldies...yup you guessed it. NO PROB.

Now if I could just find a cheap car!

2 comments:

Hapkido said...

I looked at both the Zune & IPod. My brother pushed for me to get the Zune - probably because he likes imposing his will on others. :-)
After careful consideration, I went with the Sansa e280r. Nice little 8GB model (only "model" I can put my hands on) that plays video, records FM radio, stores pics & has an expansion slot for microSD.
I had to go with that because 1) I have an anti-Apple bias & 2) the Zune just didn't do it for me. I'm really happy with my choice. $200 for all that isn't bad.

Anonymous said...

Just promise us you won't start dancing around like some silhouetted freak, or we'll have to break your kneecaps :-)