Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I need your help

I need your advice on something.


Lately Batmite has been acting up a bit at her moms house and at school. Things like not listening to her mom and doing the opposite.
Example..after school she is supposed to come home until her mom comes home. Her mom came home and no Batmite.
After a few calls it turns out that she and 2 friends decided to walk down to a local park.
As Batmite saw her mom coming down the street she turned in the opposite direction and ran away.
She had no explaination for why she did this.
It's things like this that have been piling up.

At first I thought that it was just the fact that she will be 13 this October. Teenage suff. I can deal with that. Hell I remember ME back then.

Then it kept happening. Then I started to think that is it the sitution we put her in? 2 households and the split. Is she turning into one of these messed up kids that divorce just jacks them up?

I talked to her tonight after another little episode and just felt so helpless. Is this what parents go through? How can they right the ship?
How can they get back the wonderful kid that was there just a year ago?

Is is the teenage hormones?

Christ I feel so helpless and this is something that I desperately need to get back in control. I need my little girl back.

So please any words of advice you can offer I am in need of.

1 comment:

Graumagus said...

Dude, if you can find a solution, let me know. I'm going through a lot of the same shit.