Sunday, May 13, 2007

I AM MOBILE!!

True believers the unthinkable happened yesterday.



I got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.


NOw you ask "How can you get a ticket if you dont have a car?"


He He I am mobile now. I bought a very worn 1989 Olds Cutless Ciera with no radio and alot of wear. It seems solid enough and I need to have a tune up done on it but I now have a set of wheels!


There are alot of people that are very happy at this announcement and that includes me.
Oh and the ticket? I went to go pick it up last night and of course no plates or insurance yet but all the lights work and it is street legal. COming down Alpine (one of our busiest roads) I was busy listening to the car, checking out how it sounded, anything out of the norm extc then all of a sudden I see the cherries in my rearview.

I have not been pulled over for about 2 years since my Uncle Nicks evening (we will post that story later)

The very nice Winnabeago Sherriff lady was very cool with it all and I explained to her that I just bought the car and no plates etc and she said the reason she pulled me over was no seat belt.

I laughed.

She looked at me funny and I explained that I have been carless for about 2 years now and as soon as I get one it's the seat belt!

NOw dont get me wrong I feel that everyone should wear one. It is proven to save more lives and also winkle that new pimp shirt but I deserved this.

One last funny thing, she asked me how I wanted to take care of the ticket pay the 55 or post my license. I said I would pay it there and if she had change for 60?

I never saw that look on an officer before. Amusement? Shock? Disgust?

She took my license.

4 comments:

Contagion said...

Bwahahaha! It's like Karma or something.

Contagion said...

Just heard the Click-it or Ticket add on the TV. It made me think of you.

Bruce Wayne said...

Hey dont you have some necro thing to go think about?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, as you saw, as of today I feel your pain. And who the hell keeps $60-75 in *cash* on them any more?
Bah. Stoopid cops.