Thursday, May 31, 2007

End Of An Era

Last Sat night I with a few hundred others witnessed an end of an era. It was the last time we saw the Rockford Icehogs in the UHL and the players and the coach.

The Metro Centre has bought an AHL hockey franchise and are basically folding operations under the UHL.

Coaches and players are being sent elsewhere and the only thing that will be the same is just the Icehogs name. I have my thoughts on this and they are not ones of mirth. I feel the players and coaches and fans got screwed by the great Rockford political machine. More on that later.

Anywho, it was a chance to say goodbye to the guys that we have watched make this season the best so far which ended as Colonial Cup Champions!

Now my fellow Leaguers and I have been going to the games since day one. We have been through some of the worst hockey one man shoud be subject to, Dollar Beer Wed (which many a Thurs was PAINFUL) and male bonding the way only hockey can bring.






Some of the players said some words and one player who is retiring after this got choked up. Didnt help that they played the coaches speech from Mircle.





Anyway enough Estrogen. It was a good time saying good travels to the coach and players.

Oh and I got a pic with the Cup


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly sucks...

But it's sweet that you got a pic with the cup. Very sweet...

Contagion said...

Cool, I didn't know you got your pic with the cup. I'm not even a hockey fan and think that's cool.

As for what Ma'or Lar did to the Ice Hogs... yea wrong on so many levels.