Sunday, April 6, 2008

Welcome

TO any of my fellow My Space peoples that have decided to travel down the dark and spooky path that is Me!

Now on to the good stuff. A good friend who we will call Viking Woman due to her unfortanutely being a residnet on Minnasota had a comment that got me thinking.

She was listening to a record the other day and she said it took her back to "Simpler Times"

Now to the younger "kids" a record is 3 times the size of a CD, black, and you have to manually change songs and flip over to play the other side. Someone who has a better discription feel free to leave one.
Back on track, her comment made me thing that really some songs take you back to a time where it brings back a memory that is so vivid it is like you are there again or brings back memories that either should be left buried or need to be relived.

Anything by Supertramp "Breakfest in America" takes me back to living in San Diego on the beach, riding my bike and digging for sand crabs.

Def Leppard "Hysteria" Skipping school in Pittsburgh to go to the Venture and by it on it's first day out.

Procul Harem "Whiter Shade of Pale" My near death expirence and made me really start to try to live life to the fullest and to never close my mind or narrow my feelings cause in one instant, you are gone to the beyond.

Lastly Cheap Trick "Takin Me Back" Cause that is exactly what it does.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on this and also your songs.

No comments: