Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekly Update with Bruce

Well what a week its been!!

BatMite came home on Tuesday for the summer. And it didnt take long to get back into the riutal of things. I sleep better now with her home except for ALL of her friends calling and her dissapearing for hours to be on the phone.
She even got me to read Twilight, that teenage vampire book. (it wasnt THAT bad)


The Fiasco (what I am calling it now) with the Rock River Raptors was finally cleared up on Thursday with my only out 70.00. After calling non stop Monday-Wednesday I was able to get the 400.00 and the 350.00 in NSF fees put back in the bank acct. There were 2 charges that came in by auto insurance and when brought up to the general manager of the raptors I got back "you arent geting any more money out of me"

What?

Now mind you this was ALL his fault by not destroying the check in the 1st place, so one would think that maybe just maybe he would want to make not only things right but keep season ticket holder #2 happy. Not the case.

So at this point I should be happy that I at least got that much taken care of cause to be honest I thought that I would have to go to court to get the NSF fees back. Thats how bad it got.

So my warning do not have any finacial doings with the Rock River Raptors or any other their other teams, the Thunder and Rage. You will be sorry and now begins my mission of educating the public about this poorly run, non fan friendly organization. If I can help just one person then my work is fufilled.

The rest of the week (just Friday) passed as usual.


Now I was supposed to go to a convention on Sat to see the stars of an english show called Torchwood. It's a spinoff of Dr Who. (my inner nerd I know but shut it!) The main actor John Barrowman was the main guest. He seems pretty cool and below is his show.






He injured himself and was not able to make it at the last minute cancelling my friend and I plans on going. Another actor Peter Wingfield was brought in as a last minute replacement. His main claim was playing Mythos in the Highlander tv show. Here he is...



I still may try to go on Sunday but who knows.

Now BatMite and I (if she ever gets ready, taken her 2 hours so far) will hit the movies and do our shopping this afternoon.

Plannin on going to a friends house to see the Stanley Cup game between my Pitsburgh Penguins and the Detroit Red Wings. The series is tied at 2 games a piece.

Hve a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Graumagus said...

Nerd factoid of the day: "Torchwood" is an anagram of "doctor who".

LifeTrek said...

I love Torchwood! The way it spun off the Doctor was quite clever too.
David