Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Torn

I am so torn.

After all of the crap that happened with the Raptors last year (read more about it at Contagions blog as well) I am not as excited for the upcoming season.

1st being lied to and still unrefunded from the playoff tickets unused from last year, then being demoted to a lower league, my love for this team is just not there.

Then they went and signed Simpkins.

Below is the story from our local paper.

The Rock River Raptors said Monday they have re-signed two fan-favorite players, linebacker Maurice Simpkins and wide receiver Brandon Wogomon, for the 2008 season.

"To have these two guys back on board is very big for us," Raptors coach Rik Richards said. "From what I can see of our new league (the Continental Indoor Football League), it doesn’t have any pocket passers, so Brandon, hopefully, can be pretty valuable to us playing some wide receiver and playing some quarterback. At least we know he can hold the football."

Simpkins, an All-Big South Conference player at Coastal Carolina University in 2003 and 2004, was the second-leading tackler in United Indoor Football last season with 88 solo tackles and 56 assists. He had 11.5 tackles for loss with five blocked kicks, four interceptions and four quarterback sacks.

"In my opinion," Richards said, "Maurice was the best football player in the UIF last year, bar none."

Simpkins, who has moved to Rockford and taken a job as an application programmer at Kishwaukee College in Malta, said, "a lot of people asked if I was going to be back this year, so this is my official announcement. I will be here and ready to wreak havoc on the CIFL."

Damn. It would have been easier if my favorite player aside from Samsueva was'nt coming back.

No comments: