Sunday, July 22, 2007

Raptors Last Game

Ok I like Contagion have my thoughts on last nights dissapointing loss that ended our season. I will not be as PC as he is and you can read this also over on the UIF Fans online website @ http://uifans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63504#63504 but I will post here also. Please read with an open mind and make your decisions after reading all of the post.


On Sat night Rockford fans witnessed one of the worst played, coached games in the short Raptor history.



Now it is no secret that the Metro Centere were not expecting the Raptors to get this far. They have a complete renovation that must be done by the Hockey team The Rockford Icehogs that the city just recently purchased.
So to anyone else but loyal Raptors fans the news of 2 weeks of playoffs and the possibility of a Championship game, this was not good news. The new baby of Rockford and one of the legacy projects that he will be remembered for was not going to be on time.
All thanks to the Raptors.

It all started when it was seen Coach Richards state early in the 1st that "We're not going to win this game"
Now that can mean the playing, the motovation, or just the lack of effort by the team.
THis can slide.

Now early in the 2nd quarter after an interception and a fumble and just down and out bad decisions a Raptor came up and stated that the was "the worst coached game by Rik Richards in history"
Again this could be just a fustrated player.

Now look at the turnovers. There were as many picks and fumbles in this game as all season long and QB Ben Sankey just looked like he was going through the motions while Dusty Burk was running out of the pocket and running to get the 1st down rather then sit in the pocket and take the sack.
Again maybe just having an off night. Then why wasnt the backup QB put in? In any other type of sport if a player is not playing to the best of his ability they are taken out. Why wasnt this done?

Now the officating.(sp) Anyone who was there could have seen that calls were not made and ball spotting was no where near the spot of the end of the play. One other interesting thing. I made a comment to one of the ref's that if he was in Bloomington back pocket that he needs to give us a play or 2 so as not to be so suspect. He commented to me and people around heard it "Hey i am a local guy, I went to school at Boylan" This is interesting as the one person that needed the season to be done Mayor Larry Morrisey also went to school at Boylan.
Conicidence?

Lastly at the after party people were of course discussing the game and people close to some of the coaching staff without stating it came out to say that their all was not put into the game.

Now I could be just one upset fan but I really think that if you look at all the facts about this it is a bit fishy. Now form your own opinions on this and if they are all unfounded then I will stand and correct myself but you have to take a closer look.

Good luck Bloomington in getting to the FInal Game

4 comments:

Contagion said...

The more I talk about it, the more I think about it, the more I look at the 1,024 pictures I took at the game, the less sure I am that this game was lost legitimately.

Contagion said...

It looks like your UIFFans post is gone.

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, you've got good prospects for next year.

Anonymous said...

What, the city of Rockford pull some shady shit to get the MetroCenter ready for the team they strong armed the former owners int selling? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!