Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Sign Was On The Wall

Well it was bound to happen.....

The Rock River Raptors have withdrawn from the United Indoor Football League and are searching for new competition in 2008.

A team news release Monday cited uncertainty about how many teams would be playing in the UIF, particularly in the East Division, as the reason for the move. The Ohio Valley Greyhounds announced they were discontinuing operations shortly after the 2007 season ended and the Lexington Horsemen and Evansville BlueCats followed suit on Aug. 22 and Aug. 24.


Now we all knew that after the thrown...I mean hard lost gaem that the "management" was looking at going a new direction.

Hmmm will Rockford have football next year?

And what about all the refunds that are still supposed to be coming?

Now dont get me wrong, I LOVE football and am all for supporting local sports but this really does not bring a trust that is needed.

Ever since the thrown, I'm sorry, Lost game fans have been kept in the dark and unless you know people or know where to look you have NO clue on what is going on.

Unless the tickets are dropped in my lap free I dont know if I want to invest in a team that wont be honest with us!

And that my friends is how the City Of Rockford works.

No comments: