Saturday, June 9, 2007

Time To Start Looking (thx Grau)

My Friday at work was the most suck filled day I think that could have been handed down.

I should preface by filling you in. I work for an Insurance company as a Customer Service Rep taking verbal abuse from idiots that have no clue about life or legitimately correcting problems with a persons health insurance. I realy like it beacuse there are those rare moments to where you help somone and the are truely thankful. Makes it worth while.


Now an email came down that it has been mandated by the powers that be (now mind you not on the floor or phones but in their nice little corporate offices) that there shall be no radio or music playing while you are on the phones. The only time you can listen to it is if you are on OT (not on the phones) or on you 1 hour project time (which is when you are making your call outs that you couldn't earlier so cant have your radio on then either!

Now everyone that knows me knows that I need music through my day. I wake up to it, work to it, cook too it and finally fall asleep to it.

This rule is the the equivlant to a death sentance. I just cant go 8 hours tied to a desk with no music.

Time to start looking for a new job.

Grau over at Frizzen Sparks http://www.frizzensparks.com/ seems to be doing the same!

4 comments:

Hapkido said...

Change "insurance company" to "trucking company" & you've got my life. Still, I thumb my nose at the regulations & play what I can. I think most of them are scared of me...

Anonymous said...

Wonder if they make an implantable iPod?

Hapkido said...

iBod? where would the volume control go?

Contagion said...

I, uh, am staying out of this one.